14 March 2015
iS Clinical - Trial
For Christmas, I received the Innovative Skincare (iS Clinical) Essentials Gift Set that contained 6 different skincare products. iS Clinical focus a lot on anti-aging and treating acne. The set I received had a cleanser, 3 serums, a mask and sunscreen. Read below for more info.
1. Cleansing Complex - Resurfacing, anti-acneic. iS Clinical claims that this cleanser will help minimize pores and control acne and that it deep-cleans without drying your skin and pores. Contains no parabens.
2. Youth Serum - Immediate smoothing & tightening, long-term wrinkle reduction, restorative. The serum increases collagen synthesis and helps with skin firmness and elasticity. iS also claims that it prevents DNA damage through their patented Extremoenzyme technology. Goes great under make-up. Contains no parabens.
3. Active Serum - Anti-aging, anti-acneic, brightening. The serum is highly recommended for those suffering with acne and hyperpigmentation. It also minimizes your pores and increases collagen synthesis to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Contains no parabens.
4. Hydra-Cool Serum - Hydrating, soothing, anti-acneic. Soothes and calms irritated skin due to acne, sunburn, burn from freshly shaved skin, and provides hydration. It can be used with other active products (I used it with the Active Serum). Contains no parabens.
5. Extreme Protect SPF30 - Hydrating, ultimate protection, restorative. Provides broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. It also uses their Extremoenzyme technology to prevent and repair DNA damage to skin cells. It also helps repair collagen and reduces the appearance of sunburn. Contains no parabens.
6. CoolMint Revitalizing Masque - Reinvigorating, refreshing, soothing. The mask provides hydration to damaged and irritated skin. It's great for sunburns and treats inflammation. Contains no parabens.
I really like that their products focus a lot on repairing the skin. My biggest issue at the moment is hyperpigmentation and inflammation. I don't have as much trouble with acne as I used to. I only really have spots on my chin and jaw area these days due to hormonal imbalance, and when I do, it's only a couple here and there. I also don't have too many wrinkles or fine lines so really the results I'm hoping for is to reduce the hyperpigmentation around my nose and cheeks, as well as my jaw. Also I'm hoping it helps with the inflammation (very common for me during this time of the year) and with minimizing my pores.
Below are the "before" pictures after using the Cleansing Complex, Active Serum and Hydra-Cool Serum for the very first time. Hopefully I'll see a difference in about week.
I know some of you are going to sit there and say "Oh em gee, her skin looks fine." Well, you really should click on the pictures to enlarge them to really see what I'm talking about. Plus, seeing it in person is different as well. The texture of my skin isn't where I'd like for it to be. The area between my brows, for example, has been inflamed for two months now. Little bumps have appeared due to irritation from the dry air. Same thing goes for the areas around my nose and just under my eyes.
Anyway, wish me luck!