The March Birchbox was all about ringing in Spring. I know, it's already Summer. Just hang in there. I know I'm slow with these reviews, but I'm going to keep them coming.
- COOLA Tinted Matte SPF 30 for Face - Pretty straightforward and I found nothing special with it. Obviously, it has very minimal coverage and doesn't make much of a difference when put under foundation. The only "special" thing about it is that it's made with 70% organic ingredients.
- DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew - Oh gosh, I should've known better. Oil-free moisturizers are always a miss for me. But before I go on, I should start with the good stuff: it's lightweight, no smell, fairly mild. Now the bad stuff: I got a rash on my forehead and jaw. It has a weird, almost gel consistency and absorbs quickly. I didn't feel like my skin was moisturized, but rather there was this filmy layer on top of my skin and I absolute hate that feeling because it feels like my pores are getting clogged. It didn't mesh well with any of my foundations. After a couple of hours, my foundation slid off. This thing was no good.
- English Laundry No. 7 For Her - I'm not a perfume expert and I kind of just stick to what I know (D&G Light Blue fo' lyfe) so I don't have strong opinions about this. I can say though that it has a very sweet smell, probably due to the fact that it has hints of pear, jasmine, melon and apricot.
- Gilchrist & Soames London Collection Body Lotion - This lotion has a very fresh, clean smell. It's lotion. Let's move on.
- Ojon damage reverse Restorative Hair Treatment - Lately, I've really been into hair products. Anything to make my hair look fierce with minimal effort, I'm all for it. Plus I will try anything to make my blue panels not feel as weak or dead. This product hydrates, repairs and restores. The smell is very nutty, but not overwhelming. It's a pre-shampoo treatment that you leave in your for about 20 minutes. I did exactly what it said to do on the tin and made sure to cover my entire head, while also concentrating on my blue panels. Below is what the product looks like.
What I noticed when I was washing it off was that the water/suds turned a dark color. It wasn't the usual blue that I'm used to seeing when I wash my hair. It might've stripped some of the brown off my hair, though I can't quite tell. That's the only reasonable explanation that comes to mind. I washed my hair pretty late at night so I slept with it wet. I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out since my hair seems to always look Hagrid-like when I sleep with it wet. To my surprise, it wasn't a big ball of crazy. All I needed to do was blow dry it for a few minutes, just to tame the fly-aways. My hair felt so light and bouncy. It also had a bit shine to it. I felt like the oil acted as a relaxer, almost. Below is the result.
Sorry for the puffy eyes, it was early in the morning :)
I was utterly shocked to see how manageable my hair was. I would say that this rivals the amika Nourishing Mask. I'd like to try it again to see if I get the same result.
I actually wasn't too fond of this box. What saved it was the Ojon Hair Treatment oil, but everything else was pretty useless in my opinion.
I just realized that I didn't talk about the piece of chocolate that came in my box. I'm not into dark chocolate and fruity things with my chocolate so it was left untouched.