I'm back with some monthly favorites! I don't think I've done one since last May. Apologies, I really have no excuse for that. This month, I found myself rediscovering some old favorites.
- MaqPro Concealer/Lip/Cheek Petite Palette - This versatile palette is heaven sent! It comes with all sorts of shades that you can use as concealer, contour, neutralizer, brightener, lip tint, lipstick, highlighter, blush and bronzer. I've found myself reaching for this palette every morning so as to limit the mess in the bathroom and speed up my routine a bit. If you want to see the swatches, head on over to this post.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel - I've had this in my collection for quite some time now, and though this isn't as good as the Model in the Bottle Eyebrow Sealer when it comes to keeping my brows in place, I like that it gives my very sparse brows that unruly look. I'm not overly fond of any kind of make-up that looks too perfect. I like my make-up to be a little rock 'n roll, if you know what I mean, and this brow gel does the trick when it comes to my brows. It also makes my brows look thicker.
- MAC Face and Body Foundation - I started using this maybe two years ago and stopped because I needed a foundation with more coverage. Fast forward to now, where my skin is much healthier and needs less coverage, I decided I'd purchase another bottle of this. The coverage is definitely very light, but boy is it good at neutralizing any redness on the skin. It's nice when a foundation can do that because that you means you don't need to use a lot of concealer. The dry air has also been doing a number on my usually combo-oily skin, so this has been perfect for that because it has a lot of slip and doesn't accentuate any dry patches.
- Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette - I get super lazy in the mornings to get dolled up for work, but when my eyes need a quick doing-up, this is what I reach for. It's perfect!
- MAC Lipstick in Heroine - I've only had it for a month and it's already one of my all-time favorites. It's truly a gorgeous color, especially for fair-skinned girls like me. It is divine!
- The Hollow Crown: Richard II - This is a little add-on for you guys and it has nothing to do with make-up. It's a film adaptation of Shakespeare's King Richard II. The reason why it's on this list is because I've watched it at least 50 times in the last two months. Okay, maybe not that much, but I've watched it at least once a week since it came out here in the US. Ben Whishaw plays Richard II and he absolutely just shines in it! I mean, that man IS Richard II. He's that good. The man won a freaking BAFTA for that role and rightly so. I highly recommend it even if you're not a fan of Shakespeare. And if you are a fan, I think you'll find that this is one of the best film adaptations of the play.