A very strong or irresistible impulse to travel.
It's almost officially summer which means you're either already on holiday or planning one. This month, Birchbox has provided some choice samples to take along on your dream summer vacay. Whether it's to NYC, Paris, London or Barca, they've got you covered.
- Birchbox + Color Club Nail Lacquer in Reign in Spain - This nail polish is part of a 4-piece collection exclusively for Birchbox, with each shade inspired by Birchbox's 4 global offices. I'll give you four guesses as to where they are.
- The Laundress Wash and Stain Bar - When I opened my box, I instantly got a huge whiff of a very overpowering, yet clean and refreshing, scent. I thought something had spilled, but it was actually just this. This laundry soap is handy when you're on the go and need to do some washing. Unfortunately, this is apparently not recommended for coffee, tea, wine or juice stains, which begs the question, "Then what is the point of you?!" seeing as those are probably the most common stains you'll find on clothing. EDIT: Here is a little step-by-step on what to do on the go, from their founder Gwen, who ran into a little problem while out and about in London Town.
- Oscar de la Renta Something Blue Perfume - Dude, Birchbox how many times do I have to tell you? NO MORE PERFUME SAMPLES! Though I guess this does fit into the whole theme of this month's box. Alright, I'll let this one slide.
- suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleaner - I've never heard of a foaming exfoliating cleanser, but alright... This cleanser is infused with organic lemongrass and chamomile and contains natural sugar. I love all kinds of natural skincare products so I'll be giving this a go when my Pevonia one runs out. Oh, it doesn't hurt that it smells SO good.
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk - Dry shampoos are my thing. I am STILL on the hunt for the best one. Batiste is the only one that's come close, but still not enough. I am hoping this does great things. It won Allure's Best of Beauty of Award so maybe it's alright. Plus it's a French product and I haven't found a single French-made beauty product that I didn't like. They usually know their stuff when it comes to beauty.
Birchbox will typically put in little fun extra knick-knacks into each box and this month they decided to give a set of postcards featuring the cities in which their global offices are located. Each card details advice on how to spend "One Perfect Day" in each city (though I'm going to need Laura and Trisha to confirm if what Birchbox suggested for Paris and Barcelona is in fact a "perfect" day).
|One Perfect Day: Hit La Rambla for tapas at Bar Canete, then wander through the Raval District, a cultural melting pot, on your way to the MACBA (Museum of Contemporary Art). Need to refresh? Visit Les Topettes for artisanal soaps and fragrances.|
*I can't vouch for the Riding House Cafe since I just at eat my mom's, but I can say that Liberty and Carnaby Street are a must, if not to go shopping, but just to take a look around. Also, if you plan on traveling anywhere around the city, don't take a cab unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money to travel 5 miles. Take the tube and if you're close enough, just walk