So here are my Top 5 Products of 2011:
1. Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
I'm going to just put it out there and say that this might be my HG mascara. I honestly can't find anything wrong with it. The formula is perfect; it lengthens, thickens and curls my lashes. It's not too wet or too dry. I'm gonna be really sad when my sample tube runs out because a full size tube is quite pricey.
2. Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara
My absolute fave drugstore mascara. You really can't go wrong with this puppy. The applicator is what I love the most about it. It separates my lashes perfectly and catches all the little baby hairs that most applicators clump together, making my lashes look fuller. Only downside would be that it dries out too quickly and flakes just a little bit. It also doesn't lengthen as much as I'd like it to. If I never used Hypnose Drama, this would be my HG.
3. Lancome Teint Idole Freshwear Foundation
I've tried a bunch of foundations this past year. I have so many samples of MUF, Clinique, MAC, Shiseido and Lancome foundations. Plus the drugstore foundations I also bought. While MAC Pro Longwear is an absolute dream, Freshwear has my heart. Although it promises 18 hours of shine-free make-up, I last at most about 5 hours without needing to blot. I guess that doesn't sound like a long time compared to 18 hours, but from a personal standpoint, I'm lucky if I can get an hour from a foundation (with the exception of Pro Longwear). This foundation does not slide and it really minimizes your pores and feels lightweight. I never feel like I have foundation on. Only thing is it has light-medium coverage so if you need heavier coverage, this might not be for you. Oh and the packaging is a bit tricky since it comes in a tube and the foundation is a bit runny. If you're not careful, you might end up wasting some product because it does tend to ooze out when you hold it right side up. But you're smart, so I'm sure you'll find a way around it.
4. No. 7 Radiance Revealed Exfoliator
I haven't tried too many exfoliators in my lifetime, but I really liked using this one. One of the reasons is because my skin actually "likes" it. I'm usually afraid to try new products, especially skincare products, because my face is a bit sensitive, but not once did I ever break out or experience any negative side effects from using this (not yet at least and hopefully not ever).
I know I haven't featured this yet, but this saved my skin from utter destruction. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check my little write up on what happened to me in December. Aquaphor saved my life... and it just might save yours too.
- Sleek Cosmetics: They never let me down. Their palettes are amazing and affordable.
- NYX Twin Cake Powder: A great powder to set foundation.
- Real Techniques Angled Foundation Brush: I'm still on the lookout for THE foundation brush, but this one has pretty much beaten all other brushes/applicators I've used in the past year.
- No. 7 Protect & Perfect Day & Night Cream: I don't always use this, but when I come back to it, I'm always left wondering why I even stopped using it.
- Karen Gillan: I think you need only see a photograph of this lady and you'll understand why she's on this list. She's my Ginger Goddess.
And here are a few things I don't care to hear about or see in 2012
- Naked palettes of any sort: I'm over it, I don't need 39 different shades of brown eyeshadow.
- Spider lashes: It ain't cute when people are afraid your lashes might jump right off your face, crawl into their ears and lay baby eggs in them.
- Floral print: I'm talking to you Forever 21. Cut it out.
If you're looking for Eye Heart This December, I apologize. I haven't been able to edit the video so I've decided to just combine it with January. Good news is that I am feeling so so so much better. I am really hoping that this is the last of me being sick for a long time. I've missed blogging :) Anyway I hope you enjoyed the list.
Besos x x